Wheelchair Rugby

The other day we went to Medway park leisure centre to watch the wheelchair rugby. When we got there Lauren signed us in and then bought us to our seats, once we were seated the game kicked off. It seemed ok at first but after England had scored 3 tries, Wales where determined to score so it got very rough and there were people in the wheelchairs flying everywhere. There were players without any legs and one player kept flying out of his wheelchair. I wondered how they got their injuries, I was surprised that the rules were that you could have at least 2 fully able players on your team at once. At half time we had lunch then the game kicked off again. At the end we met all the England team and had our picture taken with them. Then we went back to school.


We went to Medway Park building/Sports center. As we walked in Lauren had to sign in after we did that we walked down the stairs to the hall. As we got closer I heard the sound of applause and cheering, the hall was jam-packed with people, mostly children from schools like ourselves. We walked to the end of the hall where our seats were and I sat on the back row next to Kai and George.

The game started just after we sat down, all the players went to their half, England on the left and Wales on the right. The sound of the buzzer was deafening, but it meant the game was under way.

Lots of people fell out of their chairs and bumped into each other.  The smell of burning rubber stuck in my nostrils, making me feel sick. At half time England was far ahead and were sure to win. The second half was drawing closer and the players were entering the pitch whilst fans rushed back to their seats.

The second half had begun, the buzzer had sounded. Wheels were screeching and the smell of burning rubber becoming more fragrant and that made the game more intense.

At the end of the second half England had won.

I had a WHEELY good time there.


On Friday 25th September 2015, we went to watch wheelchair rugby with staff & students from Blue Skies School. We left school at 10:30, our transport was the Blue Skies School bright Blue with a dark tinge mini bus, with outstanding white clouds on the side making sure you cant miss it, also there was bright red golf, dirty black juke, silver chrome VW Touran all these car were full up bags, staff & students. Getting there was a pain with all the busy traffic of cars in a massive pile up of traffic.


We finally arrived at the Medway Park sport centre, to watch rugby, England VS Wales. When we arrived they were all training ready for a tough match to see if they could qualify into the semi final, when we sat down at the stand there was an awful smell going around which was the smell of burning rubber coming off there wheels as the they shot past with a tackle then it lets of the terrible smell.


England were in red & white they were much more ahead of wales as they were doing awful with only 6 points to 36 points to England, both teams were really strong & fierce with there passing & shooting to score as many goals as possible before the buzzer goes off which would be half-time or full-time. 


The rugby was amazing, I expected it to be outside but it was inside on hard wooden flooring. The game started the wheelchairs shot past us like bullets the crowd was like a riot of school children kicking off. The rugby ball soared into the crowd like a seagull diving down for a chip. One Welsh player crashed down and hit the floor like a fallen God. The ball zipped passed all the players and flew into the goal like a giraffe getting away from a tiger. It was half time and we were winning.


Blue Skies Staff